Saturday, August 14, 2010

A blog review

Dear readers

Another rainy, windy, winter's day here in Adelaide. Time for more book reading!

I have just returned from a conference in Melbourne. I chose to make the return trip by train rather than fly.I find it much more relaxing than the hustle and bustle of the airport, and the best things is that you get several quiet hours to do some thinking! I seem to recall reading somewhere that the great science fiction writer Isaac Asimov refused to fly, and got around by train. I wonder if he got some of his great ideas while rattling his way across the countryside, lulled to sleep by the rocking and rolling of the train?

So, what did I think about during my trip? Actually, I thought about this blog and how I have been re-reading some of my own posts. I've covered a lot of ground since I started the blog off, about a year ago.

Books covered have varied from "Body snatchers in the desert" by Nick Redfern, about a possible alternate non-ETH explanation for Roswell; through first hand testimony of abductees/experiences by Mike Oram in the United Kingdom; to "The UFO files: The inside story of real-life sightings," David Clarke's excellent review of the U.K. Government's Archives UFO files.

I've explored the world of "Exopolitics" trying to get a handle on its origins, beliefs and personalities. From private emails I received after these particular postings, there seems to be a view that one should steer clear of anything to do with "Exopolitics." I do find the links between "Exopolitics" data and "remote viewing" a little disturbing, but the extreme views expressed in the emails to me, show a lack of proper analysis of the "Exopolitics" movement.

My posts have also described a number of recent scientific discoveries and how these might relate to UFOlogy, e.g. New Scientist article from the 23 Jan 2010 issue about brain asymmetry underlying hypnosis (posted 24 Jan 2010.)

I have especially highlighted the excellent research by the Australian UFO Research Association (AURA), based here in Adelaide (see their website at http://disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org into Australian Government UFO files.

As you will see, the purpose of my blog is to report on my wanderings through a range of literature, pointing out any relevance I see to the UFO phenomenon.

Our mutual field of interest is extremely diverse, and there is always something to examine and commnet about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

European Parliament member and UAP

Five Eyes Out of the Five Eyes partners, which consists of the U.S.A., the U.K., Canada, Australia and New Zealand; questions about UAP hav...